Post #2

According to my V+R picture, we can see that social media that leave traces for personal reasons include WeChat and Instagram, which are used to contact friends and publish their own life status. Facebook and Twitter are used for individuals and organizations and leave traces, while mail, Youtube and Google searches leave no traces. Used to contact friends and search things. Brighrspaces, WordPress and Zoom are only used in institutions to complete the learning of the above things. I can contact teachers and classmates on it, and I can comment on other people’s blogs, so I left a trace. There is also Mattermost for communication in learning.

What digital platforms are students currently using to develop their professional network? 

Among the friends I know use to develop professional networks is Facebook and Weibo the most. But Weibo is more restricted to Chinese people, so it is more of Facebook. I think it is more convenient to use Facebook to establish a professional network. There are no geographical and content restrictions. You can search for various kinds of things of interest, and at the same time, you can establish contacts with other people who are also interested. Express your own opinions and discuss your opinions on things with others. I have followed food bloggers. They will taste different foods, publish pictures and their own comments on things, and also publish some video tutorials on how to make food. So as to let more people know about different cuisines, they can also make them by hand. Let those who are interested in food see that it not only has gained fans but also shared the food. This establishes a good network platform.

What could the student consider in expanding their professional learning network? 

I think that when expanding the professional learning network, we should make sure what our purpose is and why we established this network. After thinking about this, you will not deviate from your goal. Then it is to keep a fixed active and update time, check other people’s comments on the content, and look at other people’s content to reflect on your own things. Times are changing. If you don’t update your own content, you can easily be eliminated by new things. For example, food bloggers should look at recent popular foods or new things to update their content. If the same food is always the same and repeated, then more people will not be interested, and it will not expand the network.

In your network how can you create a digital identity/reputation?

Our digital identity is established through our every action on the Internet, such as likes, searches, comments, and so on. We should pay attention to the correctness of the content we publish, because everyone can see that if the wrong information is published and others are induced, then the digital identity/honor will be damaged. So before doing everything, we must consider the consequences of this matter, whether the content is good and positive. Can you give the viewer wrong ideas? These things can have good or bad effects on digital identity/reputation.

Find out what a local employer would do if you applied for a job with them?

When we apply for a job, they will do a background check in addition to the resume we submitted. The background check is not only about how to deal with people and character, but also check our social media, which is our digital identity. See if our content is what they want and is it good content. So as to determine whether we should be recruited.