Post #3

How diverse is your existing PLN?

I think my PLN is not particularly diverse, and I am not a person who likes to use social media. Except for necessary connections, such as contacting friends and family or studying, I rarely use these. I usually use WeChat, Facebook and Instagram the most. Of course there are Mattermost, Blog and Brightspace for learning.

In your PLN, are you learning from a variety of voices or are you the loudest in the room?

I am not the most active in these media. I often reflect on myself by looking at other people’s opinions. I also don’t take the initiative to discuss or evaluate other people’s opinions. After seeing their views, compare them with yours to learn the benefits of others.

Do you participate in a silo of information sharing (similar themes or wide range of interests)?

I generally do not participate in information sharing, as I said I am not an active person, I prefer to receive information rather than publish content. I think that posting content often brings positive or negative comments, and those who support it agree. Those who oppose it will be negative, and I don’t like this kind of comment. So I will not comment on others at will, receive information from others, and then summarize it myself.

How can you use a diverse PLN to broaden your views of inclusion?

I think the diversity of PLN broadens my understanding of inclusiveness. We discuss and share resources with people from all over the world on social media, and we can ask our own questions and find answers, and we benefit from it. The diversification of PLN is in different ways. People from different regions and different countries can discuss it, whether it is a study problem or a travel strategy. This is to tolerate all kinds of things.

In your professional setting of choice, do you think inclusion is actively embraced?

The professional environment I chose is healthcare, because this is something that everyone may need. Medical care is the fairest guarantee. Everyone can be cared for, whether they are nationals or ordinary people, whether they are poor or rich. The national government will also have medical insurance to subsidize the people. This is very good tolerance, does not discriminate against any kind of people, and provides fair assistance and care to everyone.

What is the learning outcome of your PLN and how are you ensuring your exposure to diversity and inclusion?

The result of my study at PLN is that I have learned more knowledge, not just what I learned from the book. Like the food bloggers I follow, I will learn to cook their local dishes, taste different foods, and understand the source of their food. I can view related content if I want to know what it is. Enriching one’s own insights and connotations will benefit future development.

How has your thinking about inclusion and PLN evolved after reviewing the videos and readings?

My previous understanding of the inclusiveness and diversity of PLN is a lot of different content, but after watching the videos and materials, I think that everyone is an independent individual with his own unique way of thinking, and everyone is diverse. , In order to create diversified content and PLN.